Hello! I have converted my carport to a garage and am setting up for the wiring. I want two outlets (for a total of four spots to plug things in). I also want to change the switch for the light that's already there to a three-way switch.
My questions so far: Can I use PVC conduit for the wires? And is it okay to use those blue plastic boxes for the outlets and the switch?
Yes using pvc is legal, I have done so when I can't get to a certain spots in attics. You can only use 80% of the pvc. If your using sheathed electrical cable there is no way you will come close to that. Using THHN you might need to do some calculating. More than likely you really don't care about all that. The next question about the blue boxes. They need to have the same size holes as your pvc. Example if you have 1/2 pvc you will need a box with 1/2 knockouts. Use a 1/2 male adaptor to connect the pvc to the box. Tell you local hardware store about all this and they will get you lined out.
How to wire 1 bathroom fan into 3 - Fan/Heat/Light F...
Lighting driveway when people drive up to house.
electrical service to a garage
Garage Door Opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs