Hello! I have converted my carport to a garage and am setting up for the wiring. I want two outlets (for a total of four spots to plug things in). I also want to change the switch for the light that's already there to a three-way switch.
My questions so far: Can I use PVC conduit for the wires? And is it okay to use those blue plastic boxes for the outlets and the switch?
Yes using pvc is legal, I have done so when I can't get to a certain spots in attics. You can only use 80% of the pvc. If your using sheathed electrical cable there is no way you will come close to that. Using THHN you might need to do some calculating. More than likely you really don't care about all that. The next question about the blue boxes. They need to have the same size holes as your pvc. Example if you have 1/2 pvc you will need a box with 1/2 knockouts. Use a 1/2 male adaptor to connect the pvc to the box. Tell you local hardware store about all this and they will get you lined out.
How to wire 1 bathroom fan into 3 - Fan/Heat/Light F...
Lighting driveway when people drive up to house.
electrical service to a garage
Garage Door Opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!