Hello! I have converted my carport to a garage and am setting up for the wiring. I want two outlets (for a total of four spots to plug things in). I also want to change the switch for the light that's already there to a three-way switch.
My questions so far: Can I use PVC conduit for the wires? And is it okay to use those blue plastic boxes for the outlets and the switch?
Yes using pvc is legal, I have done so when I can't get to a certain spots in attics. You can only use 80% of the pvc. If your using sheathed electrical cable there is no way you will come close to that. Using THHN you might need to do some calculating. More than likely you really don't care about all that. The next question about the blue boxes. They need to have the same size holes as your pvc. Example if you have 1/2 pvc you will need a box with 1/2 knockouts. Use a 1/2 male adaptor to connect the pvc to the box. Tell you local hardware store about all this and they will get you lined out.
How to wire 1 bathroom fan into 3 - Fan/Heat/Light F...
Lighting driveway when people drive up to house.
electrical service to a garage
Garage Door Opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes