I want to put lights under my kitchen cabinets. I have no way of just plugging them into an existing outlet. The problem is the only available electricity is going to the stove range hood. Could I tap into that wire with a junction box? Also I will need to run the wire inside the kitchen cabinets. I was going to run metal flex cable through the cabinets. Is there anything wrong with this?
What you say all sounds good. What type of lighting are you going to install. Have you considered low voltage lighting, it would make the wiring job much easier.
I'm putting in 2-24in fluorescent lights. How would using low voltage lighting make the wiring any easier? I also want to put in an outlet under the cabinet because there is nowhere to plug anything in on that end of the counter. There is an outlet on the wall under the counter top on the other side of the kitchen but it useless to use for any appliance like a mixer. Since I want an outlet there I figured just wiring some fluorescent lights would be easy.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?