I want to put lights under my kitchen cabinets. I have no way of just plugging them into an existing outlet. The problem is the only available electricity is going to the stove range hood. Could I tap into that wire with a junction box? Also I will need to run the wire inside the kitchen cabinets. I was going to run metal flex cable through the cabinets. Is there anything wrong with this?
What you say all sounds good. What type of lighting are you going to install. Have you considered low voltage lighting, it would make the wiring job much easier.
I'm putting in 2-24in fluorescent lights. How would using low voltage lighting make the wiring any easier? I also want to put in an outlet under the cabinet because there is nowhere to plug anything in on that end of the counter. There is an outlet on the wall under the counter top on the other side of the kitchen but it useless to use for any appliance like a mixer. Since I want an outlet there I figured just wiring some fluorescent lights would be easy.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!