I want to put lights under my kitchen cabinets. I have no way of just plugging them into an existing outlet. The problem is the only available electricity is going to the stove range hood. Could I tap into that wire with a junction box? Also I will need to run the wire inside the kitchen cabinets. I was going to run metal flex cable through the cabinets. Is there anything wrong with this?
What you say all sounds good. What type of lighting are you going to install. Have you considered low voltage lighting, it would make the wiring job much easier.
I'm putting in 2-24in fluorescent lights. How would using low voltage lighting make the wiring any easier? I also want to put in an outlet under the cabinet because there is nowhere to plug anything in on that end of the counter. There is an outlet on the wall under the counter top on the other side of the kitchen but it useless to use for any appliance like a mixer. Since I want an outlet there I figured just wiring some fluorescent lights would be easy.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes