I want to put lights under my kitchen cabinets. I have no way of just plugging them into an existing outlet. The problem is the only available electricity is going to the stove range hood. Could I tap into that wire with a junction box? Also I will need to run the wire inside the kitchen cabinets. I was going to run metal flex cable through the cabinets. Is there anything wrong with this?
What you say all sounds good. What type of lighting are you going to install. Have you considered low voltage lighting, it would make the wiring job much easier.
I'm putting in 2-24in fluorescent lights. How would using low voltage lighting make the wiring any easier? I also want to put in an outlet under the cabinet because there is nowhere to plug anything in on that end of the counter. There is an outlet on the wall under the counter top on the other side of the kitchen but it useless to use for any appliance like a mixer. Since I want an outlet there I figured just wiring some fluorescent lights would be easy.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers