House built in the 1950s.
Big closet/small room, the only lighting is a bulb with a pull string switch. I don't like stumbling over the paint cans to turn the light on.
Any suggestions? Is there a simple way to put in a switch in the wall?
I'm a first-time homeowner, so the more detailed the instructions, the more likely i'll be successful.
Well first of all , more information is needed. Do you have access to the room from an attic above or from the basement below?
not really. it's in the upper floor with the kind of walls that, about 4 ft up from the floor, begin to slant with the inside of the roof. if there is access, which i doubt, i don't know how to get to it.
you can try surface wiring or as it's known as in the trade as "wiremold". It is available at ********** or a supply house. you can use it to wire a switch if you don't want to put holes in the wall. Since it is a closet you wont notice it, or since it is a closet you wont worry about putting holes in the wall, you can practice patching them.
My reply was auto edited when I refrenced that depot place, I guess they only allow to mention *****.
thanks. i'll give it a shot. i'm thinking about tearing down most of the drywall in there anyway. maybe now i have some motivation.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!