House built in the 1950s.
Big closet/small room, the only lighting is a bulb with a pull string switch. I don't like stumbling over the paint cans to turn the light on.
Any suggestions? Is there a simple way to put in a switch in the wall?
I'm a first-time homeowner, so the more detailed the instructions, the more likely i'll be successful.
Well first of all , more information is needed. Do you have access to the room from an attic above or from the basement below?
not really. it's in the upper floor with the kind of walls that, about 4 ft up from the floor, begin to slant with the inside of the roof. if there is access, which i doubt, i don't know how to get to it.
you can try surface wiring or as it's known as in the trade as "wiremold". It is available at ********** or a supply house. you can use it to wire a switch if you don't want to put holes in the wall. Since it is a closet you wont notice it, or since it is a closet you wont worry about putting holes in the wall, you can practice patching them.
My reply was auto edited when I refrenced that depot place, I guess they only allow to mention *****.
thanks. i'll give it a shot. i'm thinking about tearing down most of the drywall in there anyway. maybe now i have some motivation.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers