House built in the 1950s.
Big closet/small room, the only lighting is a bulb with a pull string switch. I don't like stumbling over the paint cans to turn the light on.
Any suggestions? Is there a simple way to put in a switch in the wall?
I'm a first-time homeowner, so the more detailed the instructions, the more likely i'll be successful.
Well first of all , more information is needed. Do you have access to the room from an attic above or from the basement below?
not really. it's in the upper floor with the kind of walls that, about 4 ft up from the floor, begin to slant with the inside of the roof. if there is access, which i doubt, i don't know how to get to it.
you can try surface wiring or as it's known as in the trade as "wiremold". It is available at ********** or a supply house. you can use it to wire a switch if you don't want to put holes in the wall. Since it is a closet you wont notice it, or since it is a closet you wont worry about putting holes in the wall, you can practice patching them.
My reply was auto edited when I refrenced that depot place, I guess they only allow to mention *****.
thanks. i'll give it a shot. i'm thinking about tearing down most of the drywall in there anyway. maybe now i have some motivation.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs