House built in the 1950s.
Big closet/small room, the only lighting is a bulb with a pull string switch. I don't like stumbling over the paint cans to turn the light on.
Any suggestions? Is there a simple way to put in a switch in the wall?
I'm a first-time homeowner, so the more detailed the instructions, the more likely i'll be successful.
Well first of all , more information is needed. Do you have access to the room from an attic above or from the basement below?
not really. it's in the upper floor with the kind of walls that, about 4 ft up from the floor, begin to slant with the inside of the roof. if there is access, which i doubt, i don't know how to get to it.
you can try surface wiring or as it's known as in the trade as "wiremold". It is available at ********** or a supply house. you can use it to wire a switch if you don't want to put holes in the wall. Since it is a closet you wont notice it, or since it is a closet you wont worry about putting holes in the wall, you can practice patching them.
My reply was auto edited when I refrenced that depot place, I guess they only allow to mention *****.
thanks. i'll give it a shot. i'm thinking about tearing down most of the drywall in there anyway. maybe now i have some motivation.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees