House built in the 1950s.
Big closet/small room, the only lighting is a bulb with a pull string switch. I don't like stumbling over the paint cans to turn the light on.
Any suggestions? Is there a simple way to put in a switch in the wall?
I'm a first-time homeowner, so the more detailed the instructions, the more likely i'll be successful.
Well first of all , more information is needed. Do you have access to the room from an attic above or from the basement below?
not really. it's in the upper floor with the kind of walls that, about 4 ft up from the floor, begin to slant with the inside of the roof. if there is access, which i doubt, i don't know how to get to it.
you can try surface wiring or as it's known as in the trade as "wiremold". It is available at ********** or a supply house. you can use it to wire a switch if you don't want to put holes in the wall. Since it is a closet you wont notice it, or since it is a closet you wont worry about putting holes in the wall, you can practice patching them.
My reply was auto edited when I refrenced that depot place, I guess they only allow to mention *****.
thanks. i'll give it a shot. i'm thinking about tearing down most of the drywall in there anyway. maybe now i have some motivation.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets