I just experienced a melted connection nut on my new furnace where the neutral neutral wire from the circut box connects to the furnace. It requires a 15 amp circuit breaker.
One single seperate circuit wire to the furnace, 14 ga sheathed electrical cable with ground.It did not throw the breaker, just melted and shut down the furnace.
I cleaned it up and reconnected and it is working ok but I am still wondering if it is safe?? Checked wire back to breaker, nothing unusual.
Any suggestions as to why and safety in the future.Chuck
It sounds like the wirenut was loose and therefore you had some arcing in the connection. Is the lead from the furnace a stranded conductor? A stranded conductor should be stripped longer and wrapped around the solid conductor and then wirenutted. What size/color wirenut was it? What brand?
Do not miss your favorite songs now as FVD will help...
Youtube Videos Downloader Apk File
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs