Hi all! Here's my trouble: On Cir #7, I have 4 standard 120v duplex outlets. When tested with the circuit analyzer, they are registering "OPEN GROUND". When we pulled one outlet out of the wall, blk&white wires were screwed down and the ground wire was as well (2-wire cable w/ground). Why do they register "OPEN GROUND" when tested? Could one outlet on that circuit NOT be grounded at all? What is the best way to fix the problem?
You have an open ground wire somewhere on the circuit. It could even be in the main panel. Is the entire circuit wired with 2 wire + ground cable? Sometimes people add on to existing circuits that don't have a ground.
More info: after further testing, we have found that 2 of the 4 duplex outlets do in fact APPEAR to have black,white and grd; all secured. The end does NOT have a grd same holds true for the first. Is there a method to ADD a ground to #1 and #4? I alos note #1 and #4 are in plastic boxes, not metal.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard