I posted in the lighting section BBS, but I guess this is more of an electrical question. We are remodeling our bathroom and wish to replace the only light fixture which is the bar type (chrome), mounted on the wall, with 4 light sockets for light bulbs and it also has an outlet to plug the hairdryer or razor into. My Question is: How do I find another light system with a built in plug, I cannot find one anywhere. Do they still make these or are they unsafe? I'm Not able to create a "new" outlet so was hoping to find a fixture with the outlet. (there is no outlet in the bathroom other than this outlet in the old light fixture).
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as you can probably tell, I am not experienced at remodeling!
You wont be able to find many of those old fixtures now that the newer codes require 20 amp., GFCI protected receptacles in bathrooms. It's time to update your wiring for the 21st. century.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers