I posted in the lighting section BBS, but I guess this is more of an electrical question. We are remodeling our bathroom and wish to replace the only light fixture which is the bar type (chrome), mounted on the wall, with 4 light sockets for light bulbs and it also has an outlet to plug the hairdryer or razor into. My Question is: How do I find another light system with a built in plug, I cannot find one anywhere. Do they still make these or are they unsafe? I'm Not able to create a "new" outlet so was hoping to find a fixture with the outlet. (there is no outlet in the bathroom other than this outlet in the old light fixture).
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as you can probably tell, I am not experienced at remodeling!
You wont be able to find many of those old fixtures now that the newer codes require 20 amp., GFCI protected receptacles in bathrooms. It's time to update your wiring for the 21st. century.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects