I posted in the lighting section BBS, but I guess this is more of an electrical question. We are remodeling our bathroom and wish to replace the only light fixture which is the bar type (chrome), mounted on the wall, with 4 light sockets for light bulbs and it also has an outlet to plug the hairdryer or razor into. My Question is: How do I find another light system with a built in plug, I cannot find one anywhere. Do they still make these or are they unsafe? I'm Not able to create a "new" outlet so was hoping to find a fixture with the outlet. (there is no outlet in the bathroom other than this outlet in the old light fixture).
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as you can probably tell, I am not experienced at remodeling!
You wont be able to find many of those old fixtures now that the newer codes require 20 amp., GFCI protected receptacles in bathrooms. It's time to update your wiring for the 21st. century.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide