I posted in the lighting section BBS, but I guess this is more of an electrical question. We are remodeling our bathroom and wish to replace the only light fixture which is the bar type (chrome), mounted on the wall, with 4 light sockets for light bulbs and it also has an outlet to plug the hairdryer or razor into. My Question is: How do I find another light system with a built in plug, I cannot find one anywhere. Do they still make these or are they unsafe? I'm Not able to create a "new" outlet so was hoping to find a fixture with the outlet. (there is no outlet in the bathroom other than this outlet in the old light fixture).
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as you can probably tell, I am not experienced at remodeling!
You wont be able to find many of those old fixtures now that the newer codes require 20 amp., GFCI protected receptacles in bathrooms. It's time to update your wiring for the 21st. century.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!