I can wire a lamp and hang a fixture but that is the extent of my wiring knowledge. I bought under-the cabinet halogen lights thinking I could mount them UP instead of down. The directions said NO. So I am wondering why. So is it possible to use 12 v landscaping lights inside? Thanks,
The halogen lamps get very hot, that is probably why they shouldn't be installed against the manufacturers instructions. Outside landscape fixtures are not rated for inside wiring.
Thanks, I am still not clear on why the interior halogens must be installed downwards and not upwards....
Probably because if something lies on them, they can cause a fire. There have been numerous fires caused by halogen floor lamps, afterward they decided to install tip switches.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love