I can wire a lamp and hang a fixture but that is the extent of my wiring knowledge. I bought under-the cabinet halogen lights thinking I could mount them UP instead of down. The directions said NO. So I am wondering why. So is it possible to use 12 v landscaping lights inside? Thanks,
The halogen lamps get very hot, that is probably why they shouldn't be installed against the manufacturers instructions. Outside landscape fixtures are not rated for inside wiring.
Thanks, I am still not clear on why the interior halogens must be installed downwards and not upwards....
Probably because if something lies on them, they can cause a fire. There have been numerous fires caused by halogen floor lamps, afterward they decided to install tip switches.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!