I can wire a lamp and hang a fixture but that is the extent of my wiring knowledge. I bought under-the cabinet halogen lights thinking I could mount them UP instead of down. The directions said NO. So I am wondering why. So is it possible to use 12 v landscaping lights inside? Thanks,
The halogen lamps get very hot, that is probably why they shouldn't be installed against the manufacturers instructions. Outside landscape fixtures are not rated for inside wiring.
Thanks, I am still not clear on why the interior halogens must be installed downwards and not upwards....
Probably because if something lies on them, they can cause a fire. There have been numerous fires caused by halogen floor lamps, afterward they decided to install tip switches.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects