I can wire a lamp and hang a fixture but that is the extent of my wiring knowledge. I bought under-the cabinet halogen lights thinking I could mount them UP instead of down. The directions said NO. So I am wondering why. So is it possible to use 12 v landscaping lights inside? Thanks,
The halogen lamps get very hot, that is probably why they shouldn't be installed against the manufacturers instructions. Outside landscape fixtures are not rated for inside wiring.
Thanks, I am still not clear on why the interior halogens must be installed downwards and not upwards....
Probably because if something lies on them, they can cause a fire. There have been numerous fires caused by halogen floor lamps, afterward they decided to install tip switches.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight