Last week my kids were complaining because the television in the living room kept powering down to the point of almost shutting off and then turning back up to normal power. Later, when the TV was off, that I noticed a crackling noise coming from an outlet in the living room. There is nothing plugged into this outlet. When I looked closer, there were sparks coming out of it, then it stopped.
Today, an outlet in the master bedroom started crackling and shooting sparks. The lights in both bathrooms and my son's room began flickering and then eventually shut off. None of the lights or outlets work in the bathrooms or his room now. The living room power is working fine. Oh yes, and we have that WONDERFUL (not!) aluminum wiring.
I have a call in to an electrician and am hoping that someone comes out tomorrow but was wondering if someone could "guess-timate" what they think the problem might be and what kind of financial burden i am looking at. I don't want to get screwed over.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries