This weekend I washed my house (vinyl siding) and in the process managed to trip an electrical circuit. The garage door opener, outside motion detector lights and garden outlets are not working. Everything else within the house if fine.
Did I break a circuit?? Did water get in through the outlets and do some thing to the circuit?
I did not see any "outside" cricuit switches on the electrical board in the basement.
Thanks in advance...
Sounds like you may have tripped a GFCI. It is the receptacles with the TEST and REST button on it. The circuits you mention are all supposed to be GFCI protected. Look at all the receptacles that are dead. Start in the garage. It is very likely to be there. Don't forget to look behind all the boxes and tools for the one hidden receptacle. It only tales one GFCI to protect all the others. If it won't reset there is probably still water in one of the outdoor receptacles from your washing.
1 dead circuit in house, why?
220v circuit problems - powered by 2 seperate breakers
Selecting a breaker for a 30 amp dryer circuit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs