This weekend I washed my house (vinyl siding) and in the process managed to trip an electrical circuit. The garage door opener, outside motion detector lights and garden outlets are not working. Everything else within the house if fine.
Did I break a circuit?? Did water get in through the outlets and do some thing to the circuit?
I did not see any "outside" cricuit switches on the electrical board in the basement.
Thanks in advance...
Sounds like you may have tripped a GFCI. It is the receptacles with the TEST and REST button on it. The circuits you mention are all supposed to be GFCI protected. Look at all the receptacles that are dead. Start in the garage. It is very likely to be there. Don't forget to look behind all the boxes and tools for the one hidden receptacle. It only tales one GFCI to protect all the others. If it won't reset there is probably still water in one of the outdoor receptacles from your washing.
1 dead circuit in house, why?
220v circuit problems - powered by 2 seperate breakers
Selecting a breaker for a 30 amp dryer circuit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes