This weekend I washed my house (vinyl siding) and in the process managed to trip an electrical circuit. The garage door opener, outside motion detector lights and garden outlets are not working. Everything else within the house if fine.
Did I break a circuit?? Did water get in through the outlets and do some thing to the circuit?
I did not see any "outside" cricuit switches on the electrical board in the basement.
Thanks in advance...
Sounds like you may have tripped a GFCI. It is the receptacles with the TEST and REST button on it. The circuits you mention are all supposed to be GFCI protected. Look at all the receptacles that are dead. Start in the garage. It is very likely to be there. Don't forget to look behind all the boxes and tools for the one hidden receptacle. It only tales one GFCI to protect all the others. If it won't reset there is probably still water in one of the outdoor receptacles from your washing.
1 dead circuit in house, why?
220v circuit problems - powered by 2 seperate breakers
Selecting a breaker for a 30 amp dryer circuit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY