This weekend I washed my house (vinyl siding) and in the process managed to trip an electrical circuit. The garage door opener, outside motion detector lights and garden outlets are not working. Everything else within the house if fine.
Did I break a circuit?? Did water get in through the outlets and do some thing to the circuit?
I did not see any "outside" cricuit switches on the electrical board in the basement.
Thanks in advance...
Sounds like you may have tripped a GFCI. It is the receptacles with the TEST and REST button on it. The circuits you mention are all supposed to be GFCI protected. Look at all the receptacles that are dead. Start in the garage. It is very likely to be there. Don't forget to look behind all the boxes and tools for the one hidden receptacle. It only tales one GFCI to protect all the others. If it won't reset there is probably still water in one of the outdoor receptacles from your washing.
1 dead circuit in house, why?
220v circuit problems - powered by 2 seperate breakers
Selecting a breaker for a 30 amp dryer circuit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps