I just ran a new outlet to a bathroom yesterday. It's a single outlet on a GFCI circuit-breaker. It's the only thing on that breaker. Two years ago an electrician put in a kitchen outlet for me, which is also a single outlet on a single breaker (oddly, he didn't use GFCI).
It just now occurred to me that I could save a slot in my breaker box if I hung both these outlets off that new GFCI breaker that I put in yesterday. Plus, I'd get ground-faulting in the kitchen. The way the wiring's been done, this would be a trivial change to make. Does the NEC allow a 20-amp GFCI breaker to serve one outlet in a bathroom and one other outlet in a kitchen?
Well, I managed to grab a look at the NEC over lunch, and it's pretty clear that the answer to my question is "no". That's too bad. I hate to waste two panel slots for just two outlets, but I guess that's just what you have to live with when you add outlets in a onesy-twosy fashion.
two electrical sockets not working on same wall-- no...
High electric bill--too much on one circuit?
loss of electric on one circuit
No Power to Outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY