I just ran a new outlet to a bathroom yesterday. It's a single outlet on a GFCI circuit-breaker. It's the only thing on that breaker. Two years ago an electrician put in a kitchen outlet for me, which is also a single outlet on a single breaker (oddly, he didn't use GFCI).
It just now occurred to me that I could save a slot in my breaker box if I hung both these outlets off that new GFCI breaker that I put in yesterday. Plus, I'd get ground-faulting in the kitchen. The way the wiring's been done, this would be a trivial change to make. Does the NEC allow a 20-amp GFCI breaker to serve one outlet in a bathroom and one other outlet in a kitchen?
Well, I managed to grab a look at the NEC over lunch, and it's pretty clear that the answer to my question is "no". That's too bad. I hate to waste two panel slots for just two outlets, but I guess that's just what you have to live with when you add outlets in a onesy-twosy fashion.
two electrical sockets not working on same wall-- no...
High electric bill--too much on one circuit?
loss of electric on one circuit
No Power to Outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes