My home was built in the 1950s, and has a fuse box, rather than circuit breakers. Do you know if I can sell my home in NY state with the fuse box? When we bought this house 15 years ago i didn't even think to check the basement.
Sure, why not. It also sounds lie that in 15 years ,you haven't had any electrical problems. As long as the fuses are replaced with the proper size fuses they are as safe if not safer than breakers.Your in wall wiring is probably not up to current codes but that dosent matter, you only have to upgrade when you do renovations. Your home purchaser and their inspector will check out the wiring and potential shortcomings,but you are not required to upgrade as long as whatever was done was to code,and inspected by the local inspector, at the time.
BCElect -- Thank you very much. I wasn't sure, we've never had any electrical problems (that I'm aware of). Hopefully it'll be one less thing to worry about!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!