My home was built in the 1950s, and has a fuse box, rather than circuit breakers. Do you know if I can sell my home in NY state with the fuse box? When we bought this house 15 years ago i didn't even think to check the basement.
Sure, why not. It also sounds lie that in 15 years ,you haven't had any electrical problems. As long as the fuses are replaced with the proper size fuses they are as safe if not safer than breakers.Your in wall wiring is probably not up to current codes but that dosent matter, you only have to upgrade when you do renovations. Your home purchaser and their inspector will check out the wiring and potential shortcomings,but you are not required to upgrade as long as whatever was done was to code,and inspected by the local inspector, at the time.
BCElect -- Thank you very much. I wasn't sure, we've never had any electrical problems (that I'm aware of). Hopefully it'll be one less thing to worry about!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes