I would like to run wire from our electrical panel under the lawn out to a garden area. I would like to put up about 4 seperate plugin outlets along with the ability to power a pond. I am entirely new to this and if this info helps i am in san jose california. Any input would be gladly appreciated. Some questions.... What kind of wire do i need to run how deep in conduit or not what kind of conduit if i must do i need to run a seperate wire for the pond??????????? I am willing to hire an electrician to hook it all up but figured i could dig the ditch(s) and lay the wire to minimize costs. Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Sounds like what you should do first is call an electrician to give you a free quote. He can tell you the codes for depth etc.. I would leave ALL the wiring up to him. In fact, I don't think an electrician would touch anything that you had put together just because of liability reasons. Hope this helps
Thanks for that, I pretty much figured that would be the case. I was primarily hoping to dig the trenches for the most part so they would not have to spend my money for such a time consuming part!@!lol Then i figured well if i could might as well run the wire and and let them hook it up lol ...thanks for the info!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes