I would like to run wire from our electrical panel under the lawn out to a garden area. I would like to put up about 4 seperate plugin outlets along with the ability to power a pond. I am entirely new to this and if this info helps i am in san jose california. Any input would be gladly appreciated. Some questions.... What kind of wire do i need to run how deep in conduit or not what kind of conduit if i must do i need to run a seperate wire for the pond??????????? I am willing to hire an electrician to hook it all up but figured i could dig the ditch(s) and lay the wire to minimize costs. Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Sounds like what you should do first is call an electrician to give you a free quote. He can tell you the codes for depth etc.. I would leave ALL the wiring up to him. In fact, I don't think an electrician would touch anything that you had put together just because of liability reasons. Hope this helps
Thanks for that, I pretty much figured that would be the case. I was primarily hoping to dig the trenches for the most part so they would not have to spend my money for such a time consuming part!@!lol Then i figured well if i could might as well run the wire and and let them hook it up lol ...thanks for the info!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight