I would like to run wire from our electrical panel under the lawn out to a garden area. I would like to put up about 4 seperate plugin outlets along with the ability to power a pond. I am entirely new to this and if this info helps i am in san jose california. Any input would be gladly appreciated. Some questions.... What kind of wire do i need to run how deep in conduit or not what kind of conduit if i must do i need to run a seperate wire for the pond??????????? I am willing to hire an electrician to hook it all up but figured i could dig the ditch(s) and lay the wire to minimize costs. Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Sounds like what you should do first is call an electrician to give you a free quote. He can tell you the codes for depth etc.. I would leave ALL the wiring up to him. In fact, I don't think an electrician would touch anything that you had put together just because of liability reasons. Hope this helps
Thanks for that, I pretty much figured that would be the case. I was primarily hoping to dig the trenches for the most part so they would not have to spend my money for such a time consuming part!@!lol Then i figured well if i could might as well run the wire and and let them hook it up lol ...thanks for the info!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!