I am in the middle of replacing a ceiling light fixture to a ceiling fan. The wires from the ceiling aren't long enough to safely connect to the fan motor. My question is, Is there a safe way to make the wires longer to connect to the ceiling fan motor? Please help!
The sheathed electrical cable wiring in your ceiling box is not meant to reach the fan motor. The fan should have come with a lot of extra cord that comes from the top of the motor and goes through the drop tube and canopy. If the wire is not there, you may have gotten a defective or returned unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!