I need to find a product that looks similar to the asbestos shingles that are currently on my house. They are in good shape, but some were damaged when we removed and rebuilt our deck. The siding shingles are 12" x 24", 5/16" thick and have a striated, almost wood grain finish. Does anyone know of a good replacement product? Thanks for the info!
try GAF corp web site, they have several types of asbestos type siding shingles http://www.gaf.com/Products/ResSiding/SupraTones.htm
I just moved out of a home that had this type of siding. The way I replaced the broken tiles was to take a piece to my local lumber shop and they got me a cement type that most closely resembled the broken tiles.
painting asbestos siding
Installing hardi plank siding over asbestos siding?
The Hunt for: 1/4" X 9" X 32" Cement Siding Shingles
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!