I need to find a product that looks similar to the asbestos shingles that are currently on my house. They are in good shape, but some were damaged when we removed and rebuilt our deck. The siding shingles are 12" x 24", 5/16" thick and have a striated, almost wood grain finish. Does anyone know of a good replacement product? Thanks for the info!
try GAF corp web site, they have several types of asbestos type siding shingles http://www.gaf.com/Products/ResSiding/SupraTones.htm
I just moved out of a home that had this type of siding. The way I replaced the broken tiles was to take a piece to my local lumber shop and they got me a cement type that most closely resembled the broken tiles.
painting asbestos siding
Installing hardi plank siding over asbestos siding?
The Hunt for: 1/4" X 9" X 32" Cement Siding Shingles
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes