I need to find a product that looks similar to the asbestos shingles that are currently on my house. They are in good shape, but some were damaged when we removed and rebuilt our deck. The siding shingles are 12" x 24", 5/16" thick and have a striated, almost wood grain finish. Does anyone know of a good replacement product? Thanks for the info!
try GAF corp web site, they have several types of asbestos type siding shingles http://www.gaf.com/Products/ResSiding/SupraTones.htm
I just moved out of a home that had this type of siding. The way I replaced the broken tiles was to take a piece to my local lumber shop and they got me a cement type that most closely resembled the broken tiles.
painting asbestos siding
Installing hardi plank siding over asbestos siding?
The Hunt for: 1/4" X 9" X 32" Cement Siding Shingles
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight