I have another one for you... I have a light switch by the front door that doesn't seem to control anything. It is wired and live. How do I trace what it controls? I have checked outlets and lights in the area, but it doesn't seem to turn anything on or off. Maybe I'm turning the lights off at my neighbors house (ha ha). Thanks!!!
My guess is that at one time it may have controlled 1/2 of one or more receptacles. The receptacle(s) may have been replaced & the installer did not break off the tab that connects the upper & lower half. This would allow all the receptacles to be hot all the time & render the switch useless.
Wall switch & recepticle problem
Hunter Ceiling Fan with remote, A few issues with wa...
HELP PLEASE..Wall Switch
gfi plug controlled by wall switch?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects