We are buying a 1950's ranch in MA that has a 2-prong electrical system, 100 Amps, and isn't grounded.
We'd like to switch the whole 1900 sq ft house over to 3prong outlets (grounded) and probably new wiring.
Anyone have this done or know what an approximate estimate may be? We want to have a ballpark figure when we get estimates from electricians.
Thanks in advance!
This one pretty much requires an onsite inspection. There are too many factors that could affect the price. Thing such as access from a basement below or an attic above. It could be that you don't need rewiring. It is possible that grounds are in the boxes and just need to be utilized properly on 3 prong receptacles.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects