We are buying a 1950's ranch in MA that has a 2-prong electrical system, 100 Amps, and isn't grounded.
We'd like to switch the whole 1900 sq ft house over to 3prong outlets (grounded) and probably new wiring.
Anyone have this done or know what an approximate estimate may be? We want to have a ballpark figure when we get estimates from electricians.
Thanks in advance!
This one pretty much requires an onsite inspection. There are too many factors that could affect the price. Thing such as access from a basement below or an attic above. It could be that you don't need rewiring. It is possible that grounds are in the boxes and just need to be utilized properly on 3 prong receptacles.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!