I have recently removed a wall bisecting a room containing two 120V outlets and a overhad light switch. I am now left with wires, outlets and a switch box which need to be removed.
Before demolition of the wall I shut off all power to the switch and outlets in that room at the power panel.
I would now like to cut the wiring and pull the cables back into the cellar for the outlets and into the ceiling for the switch.
How do I deadend the wires safely>
The wall switch is one of two in the room. One switch should remain live when I'm done. The oulets are no longer needed.
Pull the cables back as you describe. Intall a junction box on the end of each one. Put a wire nut on the end of each insulated conductor. Attach the ground wire to the box (if there is a ground wire). Put on the cover.
15 amp outlets in a 20 amp circuit
Adding More Outlets in Kitchen
Outlets in bathrooms
Changed outlets in bedroom now switch won't turn any...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps