I have recently removed a wall bisecting a room containing two 120V outlets and a overhad light switch. I am now left with wires, outlets and a switch box which need to be removed.
Before demolition of the wall I shut off all power to the switch and outlets in that room at the power panel.
I would now like to cut the wiring and pull the cables back into the cellar for the outlets and into the ceiling for the switch.
How do I deadend the wires safely>
The wall switch is one of two in the room. One switch should remain live when I'm done. The oulets are no longer needed.
Pull the cables back as you describe. Intall a junction box on the end of each one. Put a wire nut on the end of each insulated conductor. Attach the ground wire to the box (if there is a ground wire). Put on the cover.
15 amp outlets in a 20 amp circuit
Adding More Outlets in Kitchen
Outlets in bathrooms
Changed outlets in bedroom now switch won't turn any...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?