I have recently removed a wall bisecting a room containing two 120V outlets and a overhad light switch. I am now left with wires, outlets and a switch box which need to be removed.
Before demolition of the wall I shut off all power to the switch and outlets in that room at the power panel.
I would now like to cut the wiring and pull the cables back into the cellar for the outlets and into the ceiling for the switch.
How do I deadend the wires safely>
The wall switch is one of two in the room. One switch should remain live when I'm done. The oulets are no longer needed.
Pull the cables back as you describe. Intall a junction box on the end of each one. Put a wire nut on the end of each insulated conductor. Attach the ground wire to the box (if there is a ground wire). Put on the cover.
15 amp outlets in a 20 amp circuit
Adding More Outlets in Kitchen
Outlets in bathrooms
Changed outlets in bedroom now switch won't turn any...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes