In the home I just purchased two of the rooms that have ceiling fans that CANNOT be controlled by the wall switch, just the pull cable. Neither fan has a light fixture on it and both rooms have two wall switches one wall switch does nothing; the other controls an outlet on the wall (Switched outlet). The wires that I find going to the ceiling fans are: Red (Hooked to the blue wire of the fan), White (Hooked to the white wire of the fan) Black (Hooked to the black wire of the fan) and bare (going to the green wire on the fan).
The walls switches are all wired the same with a red, black, and bare wire.
So my question is:
1- How do I get the switch to control the ceiling fan?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 11 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home