In the home I just purchased two of the rooms that have ceiling fans that CANNOT be controlled by the wall switch, just the pull cable. Neither fan has a light fixture on it and both rooms have two wall switches one wall switch does nothing; the other controls an outlet on the wall (Switched outlet). The wires that I find going to the ceiling fans are: Red (Hooked to the blue wire of the fan), White (Hooked to the white wire of the fan) Black (Hooked to the black wire of the fan) and bare (going to the green wire on the fan).
The walls switches are all wired the same with a red, black, and bare wire.
So my question is:
1- How do I get the switch to control the ceiling fan?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight