In the home I just purchased two of the rooms that have ceiling fans that CANNOT be controlled by the wall switch, just the pull cable. Neither fan has a light fixture on it and both rooms have two wall switches one wall switch does nothing; the other controls an outlet on the wall (Switched outlet). The wires that I find going to the ceiling fans are: Red (Hooked to the blue wire of the fan), White (Hooked to the white wire of the fan) Black (Hooked to the black wire of the fan) and bare (going to the green wire on the fan).
The walls switches are all wired the same with a red, black, and bare wire.
So my question is:
1- How do I get the switch to control the ceiling fan?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love