we have a strange situation that doesn't make sense.
Ran AWG 12 (about 80 feet) from the panel for the basement bathroom outlets. Wired the gfci on the first outlet. tested the circuit with a "stop shock" tester and got a flashing red light - hazardous ground. Rechecked the wiring - everything proper. Tried a normal receptacle - still flashing red. tried everything we could think of to determine if there was a problem with the wire. Finally, cut the wire back to before it entered the bathroom wall, hooked up the receptacle and got flashing green.
spliced a 21' piece of new cable onto the 'good' cable, hooked up a receptacle and got flashing red. Spliced a short piece (3') of what we knew was good wire to the good cable and got flashing green. Tried a 21' piece of this 'good' cable and got flashing red. any ideas about what may be happening?
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries