What do I need to do so that I can use either hallway switch to turn the lights on/off? Right now, I can only turn it on from the switch that last turned the lights off.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
It sounds as if your wiring was installed incorrectly or the original three-way-switches were replaced with single-pole switches. In either case you probably need to have an electrician or someone well versed in electrical wiring to help you out. Three-way switches are not rocket science but they can be pretty darn confusing to the novice. If you want to try it yourself, the home builder stores have books on DIY electrical wiring. Look up "three way switches".
dryer cord doesn't match outlet
Help insalling ceiling fan/light to switch with dimmer
Fried my home theater system
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!