What do I need to do so that I can use either hallway switch to turn the lights on/off? Right now, I can only turn it on from the switch that last turned the lights off.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
It sounds as if your wiring was installed incorrectly or the original three-way-switches were replaced with single-pole switches. In either case you probably need to have an electrician or someone well versed in electrical wiring to help you out. Three-way switches are not rocket science but they can be pretty darn confusing to the novice. If you want to try it yourself, the home builder stores have books on DIY electrical wiring. Look up "three way switches".