I went to plug in a vcr to a wall outlet and there was a popping sound and now there's some black markings on the face plate.
What is this called? Blowing a fuse? Please advise what occurred.
I won't be using that outlet anymore.
Until I have this looked at, is there any risk in using the outlet that sits right above it and so far seems okay? Please advise what risks are involved until I can get it looked at next week? Thanks!
i'm no electrician, but it sounds like that outlet has partialy shorted out and the black marks are the result. if it were me, i'd find the fuse/breaker for that outlet and turn off the power. if it is shorted, it could possibly cause a fire. [may sound drastic, but better safe then sorry]
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING