I went to plug in a vcr to a wall outlet and there was a popping sound and now there's some black markings on the face plate.
What is this called? Blowing a fuse? Please advise what occurred.
I won't be using that outlet anymore.
Until I have this looked at, is there any risk in using the outlet that sits right above it and so far seems okay? Please advise what risks are involved until I can get it looked at next week? Thanks!
i'm no electrician, but it sounds like that outlet has partialy shorted out and the black marks are the result. if it were me, i'd find the fuse/breaker for that outlet and turn off the power. if it is shorted, it could possibly cause a fire. [may sound drastic, but better safe then sorry]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!