I went to plug in a vcr to a wall outlet and there was a popping sound and now there's some black markings on the face plate.
What is this called? Blowing a fuse? Please advise what occurred.
I won't be using that outlet anymore.
Until I have this looked at, is there any risk in using the outlet that sits right above it and so far seems okay? Please advise what risks are involved until I can get it looked at next week? Thanks!
i'm no electrician, but it sounds like that outlet has partialy shorted out and the black marks are the result. if it were me, i'd find the fuse/breaker for that outlet and turn off the power. if it is shorted, it could possibly cause a fire. [may sound drastic, but better safe then sorry]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers