can it be done? can I snip the ends off a string of christmas tree lights and secure them to the terminals of a 12v lantern battery? if so, how do I determine the positve ~ negative wires in the lights? and what sort of connection do you recommend i put on the wires, or should I just loop them over the posts?
I need the lights to be mobile, and they will not be near a car or generator.
there are small 200watt 12 volt inverters that connect to the battery and then you plug the light string into it's 110volt plug.the light strings bulbs are 2 volts ,but combined are 110 volt.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips