can it be done? can I snip the ends off a string of christmas tree lights and secure them to the terminals of a 12v lantern battery? if so, how do I determine the positve ~ negative wires in the lights? and what sort of connection do you recommend i put on the wires, or should I just loop them over the posts?
I need the lights to be mobile, and they will not be near a car or generator.
there are small 200watt 12 volt inverters that connect to the battery and then you plug the light string into it's 110volt plug.the light strings bulbs are 2 volts ,but combined are 110 volt.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love