can it be done? can I snip the ends off a string of christmas tree lights and secure them to the terminals of a 12v lantern battery? if so, how do I determine the positve ~ negative wires in the lights? and what sort of connection do you recommend i put on the wires, or should I just loop them over the posts?
I need the lights to be mobile, and they will not be near a car or generator.
there are small 200watt 12 volt inverters that connect to the battery and then you plug the light string into it's 110volt plug.the light strings bulbs are 2 volts ,but combined are 110 volt.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING