I have a 1928 Four Square home. It has knob and tube wiring. I just found out I have blown in foam insulation (Looks like a very fine styrofoam). Is this a big problem with knob and tube wiring? Fire hazard?
Secondly when I saw a wire inside a bathroom wall I clipped it and wire nutted off both white and black on both sides of the wire (One wire going up one wire going down). When I turned on the circuit breaker again both the wire leading up and leading down were showing up as hot (Using an inductance type of stick) . Is this a normal operation for knob and tube or is my wiring screwed up?
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries