I have just bought a home that has Masonite siding. We noticed that some of the seams are starting to swell. Should we just cut out the section that is swelling or replace the entire swelled section of board. Also, what is the easiest way to remove the siding from the house? Thanks in advance for any replies.
I don't know how old your home is, but there is currently a Masonite Class Action lawsuit pending. You can read more about it at:
I have masonite as well. Unforunately, my home is older than allowable.
Where can I buy Masonite siding or something similar?
Replace or Cover Damaged Masonite Siding?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects