Just been informed that my microwave is improperly wired. What was done by whoever was to take a leg of the 220V to the oven to wire an outlet box in the back of the cabinet. This was probably done when the oven and microwave were first installed.
Do I need to rewire from a 110V source, or could I put a 15A plug-in outlet breaker from the big box store? There's plenty of room for this.
You are correct it is improperly wired. I don't know what a "15A plug-in outlet breaker from the big box store" is. You should run a new 20 amp #12 cicruit back to your panel.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!