I live on a county road where the street lights are few and far between. My street is absolutely pitch black at night, and I'd like to install a sodium light on the power pole that borders my property on the street side. I'm assuming that these are fairly efficient, since they are used everywhere, and as such, would like one in my back yard on my shop, too. My questions are:
1. How should I go about getting the county to put a light on the pole on the street?
2. Is this style of lamp the most efficient way of lighting my back yard as a "Night Light?" I'm not looking for massive illumination, but I'd like to be able to see if someone was in my back yard without having to turn on the outside house lights.
Convincing the County to Put Up A Street Light At St...
built-in curio cabinet
dividing front yard with plants
How To set Posts for Freestanding Deck?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers