I live on a county road where the street lights are few and far between. My street is absolutely pitch black at night, and I'd like to install a sodium light on the power pole that borders my property on the street side. I'm assuming that these are fairly efficient, since they are used everywhere, and as such, would like one in my back yard on my shop, too. My questions are:
1. How should I go about getting the county to put a light on the pole on the street?
2. Is this style of lamp the most efficient way of lighting my back yard as a "Night Light?" I'm not looking for massive illumination, but I'd like to be able to see if someone was in my back yard without having to turn on the outside house lights.
Convincing the County to Put Up A Street Light At St...
built-in curio cabinet
dividing front yard with plants
How To set Posts for Freestanding Deck?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!