I need to get about 60A back to a bathroom/bedroom remodel. Istarted putting in a sub-panel to handle the extra breakers, but then thought about running a hi-amp wire back to a sub-panel in the bedroom instead. Running a single big wire instead of 5 or 6 smaller wires will be more efficient electrically, and seems like it would be cheaper, but I don't know about code, or how much 3 conductor plus ground costs in 4 AWG (60A, 150ft). Probably alot :-(.
Does code care if I run a 60A line from a 60A main breaker back to a sub-panel in the bedroom area, or do I have to put the sub-panel right next to the main breaker box?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!