vinyl vs. wooden fencing...
Has anyone installed vinyl fencing and very satisfied with it? I live in TX where it gets too hot in summer. I have seen only one vinyl fence in our neighbor which looks very pretty. I wonder why no one prefers it. Any suggestions..
Depends on your use. I believe it can be expensive, and is not all that sturdy. If you want appearance and/or privacy, with little maintenance, it's great. If you want to keep wild horses in, get something heavier.
I live in Pennsylvania, and a friend of mine fenced in her yard with the vinyl fencing. It was expensive (about $6000) for fencing about 1/4 acre (maybe not even that big!) because she has 3 large dogs. She got the style with the 3 bars that go across, not 2 (a little more sturdy??). She chose it for the low maintenance, and lifetime guarantee that goes with it, they fix it if anything ever goes wrong or breaks. She's had no problem in 2 years.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight