vinyl vs. wooden fencing...
Has anyone installed vinyl fencing and very satisfied with it? I live in TX where it gets too hot in summer. I have seen only one vinyl fence in our neighbor which looks very pretty. I wonder why no one prefers it. Any suggestions..
Depends on your use. I believe it can be expensive, and is not all that sturdy. If you want appearance and/or privacy, with little maintenance, it's great. If you want to keep wild horses in, get something heavier.
I live in Pennsylvania, and a friend of mine fenced in her yard with the vinyl fencing. It was expensive (about $6000) for fencing about 1/4 acre (maybe not even that big!) because she has 3 large dogs. She got the style with the 3 bars that go across, not 2 (a little more sturdy??). She chose it for the low maintenance, and lifetime guarantee that goes with it, they fix it if anything ever goes wrong or breaks. She's had no problem in 2 years.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight