vinyl vs. wooden fencing...
Has anyone installed vinyl fencing and very satisfied with it? I live in TX where it gets too hot in summer. I have seen only one vinyl fence in our neighbor which looks very pretty. I wonder why no one prefers it. Any suggestions..
Depends on your use. I believe it can be expensive, and is not all that sturdy. If you want appearance and/or privacy, with little maintenance, it's great. If you want to keep wild horses in, get something heavier.
I live in Pennsylvania, and a friend of mine fenced in her yard with the vinyl fencing. It was expensive (about $6000) for fencing about 1/4 acre (maybe not even that big!) because she has 3 large dogs. She got the style with the 3 bars that go across, not 2 (a little more sturdy??). She chose it for the low maintenance, and lifetime guarantee that goes with it, they fix it if anything ever goes wrong or breaks. She's had no problem in 2 years.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING