I have a Broan Solitaire series S130 bathroom ventilation fan installed in Feb. '99. Am wondering if the motor/fan assembly has begun to fail already.
Recently, it made an awful noise. I disassembled and cleaned it - but not before I nearly burned a blister on my finger from the extremely hot fan shaft. There was a lot of gunk built up on the blades, had to scrape it off carefully w/a toothpick, blade by blade.
It sounded much better, but now is getting noisy again, and I notice the fan shaft is very warm.
Is this thing on its way out? Six years doesn't seem like a long time for a higher-end fan that cost about $100. Would welcome comments from anyone with similar experience - thanks.
sounds like the motor is dying...good news..you can buy and replace just the motor much cheaper than replacing whole fan
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects