I have a Broan Solitaire series S130 bathroom ventilation fan installed in Feb. '99. Am wondering if the motor/fan assembly has begun to fail already.
Recently, it made an awful noise. I disassembled and cleaned it - but not before I nearly burned a blister on my finger from the extremely hot fan shaft. There was a lot of gunk built up on the blades, had to scrape it off carefully w/a toothpick, blade by blade.
It sounded much better, but now is getting noisy again, and I notice the fan shaft is very warm.
Is this thing on its way out? Six years doesn't seem like a long time for a higher-end fan that cost about $100. Would welcome comments from anyone with similar experience - thanks.
sounds like the motor is dying...good news..you can buy and replace just the motor much cheaper than replacing whole fan
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!