The bottom section of siding has a large crack in it. Is it possible to repair just this one section?
Don't think any repair will be satisfactory. However, individual lengths of the siding may be removed & replaced. Be sure it's a warm day. Check with an installer and they should be able to show/describe how you can do it. Basically will have to release the section above the one you want to replace - carefully. Then rempve nails holding bottom piece and push downwards to release from the starter 'clip'. Replace bottom piece by pushing upwards to snap onto bottom 'clip' and nail without pounding nails in completely. Then, carefully, snap the upper piece over the top of the bottom one. Should work out fine.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight