I know this will sound like a dumb question, but I honestly don't know. I need to remove the lights from my front porch in order to paint them. This will take a couple days to prime/paint/dry before they are done. I don't want to leave the power to that circuit off for several days! I also don't want to have to replace the fixture between coats of paint. What is the solution?
Thanks for any help!
Once you get the fixtures off, either use electrical tape to cover both of the wires (hot and ground) and keep them seperated, or you can find twist on caps at the hardware store, this will be sufficient until the fixtures are painted. This will also allow you to turn the breaker back on until you put the fixtures back on.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love