I tried to replace the light switch from my ceiling fan but I removed too many wires and now do not know how to re-connect them. Will you please help. The current situation is as follow:
From the fan there are 4 wires hanging
Wire # 1 White
wire # 2 white
Wire # 3 Blue
Wire # 4 Red
Using a tester I see that touching wire # 2(white) and wire # 4 (red)at the same time it shows that there is power flowing.
The new light switch has only 2 black wires which I labeled
wire # 1 Black and wire # 2 Black.
There is also a square box with a red wire and a black wire. In the box the following information is written "Max temperature +70 250 V.A.C. 50/60 Hz"
The light that I am trying to re-connect has a black wire and a white wire. As you can see there are 4 separate pieces on this puzzle.
1 Wires coming from the fan
2 the new switch
3 The square box that I suspect must be some kind of regulator or transformer
4 The light socket with 2 wires going up.
The fan was working ok except that the light did not work so suspecting it was the switch I decided to replace it.
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Ceiling fan questions
ceiling fan 3 way switch
wiring a ceiling fan switch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!