I tried to replace the light switch from my ceiling fan but I removed too many wires and now do not know how to re-connect them. Will you please help. The current situation is as follow:
From the fan there are 4 wires hanging
Wire # 1 White
wire # 2 white
Wire # 3 Blue
Wire # 4 Red
Using a tester I see that touching wire # 2(white) and wire # 4 (red)at the same time it shows that there is power flowing.
The new light switch has only 2 black wires which I labeled
wire # 1 Black and wire # 2 Black.
There is also a square box with a red wire and a black wire. In the box the following information is written "Max temperature +70 250 V.A.C. 50/60 Hz"
The light that I am trying to re-connect has a black wire and a white wire. As you can see there are 4 separate pieces on this puzzle.
1 Wires coming from the fan
2 the new switch
3 The square box that I suspect must be some kind of regulator or transformer
4 The light socket with 2 wires going up.
The fan was working ok except that the light did not work so suspecting it was the switch I decided to replace it.
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Ceiling fan questions
ceiling fan 3 way switch
wiring a ceiling fan switch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes