I tried to replace the light switch from my ceiling fan but I removed too many wires and now do not know how to re-connect them. Will you please help. The current situation is as follow:
From the fan there are 4 wires hanging
Wire # 1 White
wire # 2 white
Wire # 3 Blue
Wire # 4 Red
Using a tester I see that touching wire # 2(white) and wire # 4 (red)at the same time it shows that there is power flowing.
The new light switch has only 2 black wires which I labeled
wire # 1 Black and wire # 2 Black.
There is also a square box with a red wire and a black wire. In the box the following information is written "Max temperature +70 250 V.A.C. 50/60 Hz"
The light that I am trying to re-connect has a black wire and a white wire. As you can see there are 4 separate pieces on this puzzle.
1 Wires coming from the fan
2 the new switch
3 The square box that I suspect must be some kind of regulator or transformer
4 The light socket with 2 wires going up.
The fan was working ok except that the light did not work so suspecting it was the switch I decided to replace it.
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Ceiling fan questions
ceiling fan 3 way switch
wiring a ceiling fan switch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs