I connected a celing fan in a room that also has high hats in it and I don't want the wall switch to run the fan.
The connections available in the ceiling box are:
When I connect the two blacks to the fan the wall swith which runs the high hats in the room was also controlling the fan. I don't want this. When I connected the two reds the wall swith that runs other high hats nearby, controlled the fan as well.
All I want is to be able to control the fan by remote..this way I can have the fan on with the high hats off. I know the problem is probably in the swith box...but not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Ceiling Fan Noise
Ceiling fan blows bulbs
Ceiling Fan Wall Switch Wiring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!