I connected a celing fan in a room that also has high hats in it and I don't want the wall switch to run the fan.
The connections available in the ceiling box are:
When I connect the two blacks to the fan the wall swith which runs the high hats in the room was also controlling the fan. I don't want this. When I connected the two reds the wall swith that runs other high hats nearby, controlled the fan as well.
All I want is to be able to control the fan by remote..this way I can have the fan on with the high hats off. I know the problem is probably in the swith box...but not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Ceiling Fan Noise
Ceiling fan blows bulbs
Ceiling Fan Wall Switch Wiring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!