I connected a celing fan in a room that also has high hats in it and I don't want the wall switch to run the fan.
The connections available in the ceiling box are:
When I connect the two blacks to the fan the wall swith which runs the high hats in the room was also controlling the fan. I don't want this. When I connected the two reds the wall swith that runs other high hats nearby, controlled the fan as well.
All I want is to be able to control the fan by remote..this way I can have the fan on with the high hats off. I know the problem is probably in the swith box...but not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Ceiling Fan Noise
Ceiling fan blows bulbs
Ceiling Fan Wall Switch Wiring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love