I connected a celing fan in a room that also has high hats in it and I don't want the wall switch to run the fan.
The connections available in the ceiling box are:
When I connect the two blacks to the fan the wall swith which runs the high hats in the room was also controlling the fan. I don't want this. When I connected the two reds the wall swith that runs other high hats nearby, controlled the fan as well.
All I want is to be able to control the fan by remote..this way I can have the fan on with the high hats off. I know the problem is probably in the swith box...but not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Ceiling Fan Noise
Ceiling fan blows bulbs
Ceiling Fan Wall Switch Wiring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects