I connected a celing fan in a room that also has high hats in it and I don't want the wall switch to run the fan.
The connections available in the ceiling box are:
When I connect the two blacks to the fan the wall swith which runs the high hats in the room was also controlling the fan. I don't want this. When I connected the two reds the wall swith that runs other high hats nearby, controlled the fan as well.
All I want is to be able to control the fan by remote..this way I can have the fan on with the high hats off. I know the problem is probably in the swith box...but not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance
Encon Light with 3-speed Ceiling Fan motor capacitor...
Ceiling Fan Noise
Ceiling fan blows bulbs
Ceiling Fan Wall Switch Wiring
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers