vines on my vinyl siding
First, just power wash the siding to remove the dirt. You don't need that much pressure. A few hundred lbs. should be fine for our first pass ...
Then, spend $5 on some Vinyl Siding Cleaner. See how that does. DO wet the wall FIRST, then try it by hand on a somewhat inconspicious spot. If it works well, go for it.
If that doesn't work, try a mixture of a couple of cups of bleach per 1 gallon of water. This will kill the mold/mildew and bleach the vines on the house. After that, they may dry up and you can try to wash them off later on. This is a last resort because the bleach MAY kill whatever is growing wherever it falls. If you live where Winter is coming, it may not matter since everything in the garden is 'dying' anyway.
The reason I mentioned about wetting the wall first is because you're suppose to clean vinyl from the BOTTOM, up; not from the top, down. If you start at the top, you'll streak the siding below. By starting at the bottom, you wash and rinse as you work your way up the wall. The wall won't streak (from stuff above it) since the wall below is already clean. Just rinse the 'stuff' off the wall each time you rinse. Don't just rinse where you just did some cleaning. (Rinse ALL the way to the bottom ...)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects