vines on my vinyl siding
First, just power wash the siding to remove the dirt. You don't need that much pressure. A few hundred lbs. should be fine for our first pass ...
Then, spend $5 on some Vinyl Siding Cleaner. See how that does. DO wet the wall FIRST, then try it by hand on a somewhat inconspicious spot. If it works well, go for it.
If that doesn't work, try a mixture of a couple of cups of bleach per 1 gallon of water. This will kill the mold/mildew and bleach the vines on the house. After that, they may dry up and you can try to wash them off later on. This is a last resort because the bleach MAY kill whatever is growing wherever it falls. If you live where Winter is coming, it may not matter since everything in the garden is 'dying' anyway.
The reason I mentioned about wetting the wall first is because you're suppose to clean vinyl from the BOTTOM, up; not from the top, down. If you start at the top, you'll streak the siding below. By starting at the bottom, you wash and rinse as you work your way up the wall. The wall won't streak (from stuff above it) since the wall below is already clean. Just rinse the 'stuff' off the wall each time you rinse. Don't just rinse where you just did some cleaning. (Rinse ALL the way to the bottom ...)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY