vines on my vinyl siding
First, just power wash the siding to remove the dirt. You don't need that much pressure. A few hundred lbs. should be fine for our first pass ...
Then, spend $5 on some Vinyl Siding Cleaner. See how that does. DO wet the wall FIRST, then try it by hand on a somewhat inconspicious spot. If it works well, go for it.
If that doesn't work, try a mixture of a couple of cups of bleach per 1 gallon of water. This will kill the mold/mildew and bleach the vines on the house. After that, they may dry up and you can try to wash them off later on. This is a last resort because the bleach MAY kill whatever is growing wherever it falls. If you live where Winter is coming, it may not matter since everything in the garden is 'dying' anyway.
The reason I mentioned about wetting the wall first is because you're suppose to clean vinyl from the BOTTOM, up; not from the top, down. If you start at the top, you'll streak the siding below. By starting at the bottom, you wash and rinse as you work your way up the wall. The wall won't streak (from stuff above it) since the wall below is already clean. Just rinse the 'stuff' off the wall each time you rinse. Don't just rinse where you just did some cleaning. (Rinse ALL the way to the bottom ...)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!