vines on my vinyl siding
First, just power wash the siding to remove the dirt. You don't need that much pressure. A few hundred lbs. should be fine for our first pass ...
Then, spend $5 on some Vinyl Siding Cleaner. See how that does. DO wet the wall FIRST, then try it by hand on a somewhat inconspicious spot. If it works well, go for it.
If that doesn't work, try a mixture of a couple of cups of bleach per 1 gallon of water. This will kill the mold/mildew and bleach the vines on the house. After that, they may dry up and you can try to wash them off later on. This is a last resort because the bleach MAY kill whatever is growing wherever it falls. If you live where Winter is coming, it may not matter since everything in the garden is 'dying' anyway.
The reason I mentioned about wetting the wall first is because you're suppose to clean vinyl from the BOTTOM, up; not from the top, down. If you start at the top, you'll streak the siding below. By starting at the bottom, you wash and rinse as you work your way up the wall. The wall won't streak (from stuff above it) since the wall below is already clean. Just rinse the 'stuff' off the wall each time you rinse. Don't just rinse where you just did some cleaning. (Rinse ALL the way to the bottom ...)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs