vines on my vinyl siding
First, just power wash the siding to remove the dirt. You don't need that much pressure. A few hundred lbs. should be fine for our first pass ...
Then, spend $5 on some Vinyl Siding Cleaner. See how that does. DO wet the wall FIRST, then try it by hand on a somewhat inconspicious spot. If it works well, go for it.
If that doesn't work, try a mixture of a couple of cups of bleach per 1 gallon of water. This will kill the mold/mildew and bleach the vines on the house. After that, they may dry up and you can try to wash them off later on. This is a last resort because the bleach MAY kill whatever is growing wherever it falls. If you live where Winter is coming, it may not matter since everything in the garden is 'dying' anyway.
The reason I mentioned about wetting the wall first is because you're suppose to clean vinyl from the BOTTOM, up; not from the top, down. If you start at the top, you'll streak the siding below. By starting at the bottom, you wash and rinse as you work your way up the wall. The wall won't streak (from stuff above it) since the wall below is already clean. Just rinse the 'stuff' off the wall each time you rinse. Don't just rinse where you just did some cleaning. (Rinse ALL the way to the bottom ...)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love