I am trying to wire a receptacle to be operated by a switch. Let me start from the input.
The wires are split, one set going to a live or always hot receptacle box and now this is where I need help, I want to wire another receptacle that is controlled by a switch, can anyone help?
ELECTRICAL SAFETY should always be a primary concern when working on electrical devices. Always seek the advice or assistance of a professional whenever you feel unsure. Learn from the experiences of Qualified Persons, and Do-It-Yourselfer's. This forum will not give you instructions on how to perform like a journeyman electrician. If a task is too complicated for a novice or requires too detailed of an explanation you will be referred to the Experts Area of BobVila.com or to find a local professional. Remember, some electrical jobs are best left to the Professionals.
Joe Tedesco, Moderator
Joe Tedesco, Moderator
cieling fan turns on and off by itself
central vac low voltage wiring
Adding a switch to a bathroom gang box??
wiring ceiling fan and light independently with a 4-way
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes