I am trying to wire a receptacle to be operated by a switch. Let me start from the input.
The wires are split, one set going to a live or always hot receptacle box and now this is where I need help, I want to wire another receptacle that is controlled by a switch, can anyone help?
ELECTRICAL SAFETY should always be a primary concern when working on electrical devices. Always seek the advice or assistance of a professional whenever you feel unsure. Learn from the experiences of Qualified Persons, and Do-It-Yourselfer's. This forum will not give you instructions on how to perform like a journeyman electrician. If a task is too complicated for a novice or requires too detailed of an explanation you will be referred to the Experts Area of BobVila.com or to find a local professional. Remember, some electrical jobs are best left to the Professionals.
Joe Tedesco, Moderator
Joe Tedesco, Moderator
cieling fan turns on and off by itself
central vac low voltage wiring
Adding a switch to a bathroom gang box??
wiring ceiling fan and light independently with a 4-way
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!