I am trying to wire a receptacle to be operated by a switch. Let me start from the input.
The wires are split, one set going to a live or always hot receptacle box and now this is where I need help, I want to wire another receptacle that is controlled by a switch, can anyone help?
ELECTRICAL SAFETY should always be a primary concern when working on electrical devices. Always seek the advice or assistance of a professional whenever you feel unsure. Learn from the experiences of Qualified Persons, and Do-It-Yourselfer's. This forum will not give you instructions on how to perform like a journeyman electrician. If a task is too complicated for a novice or requires too detailed of an explanation you will be referred to the Experts Area of BobVila.com or to find a local professional. Remember, some electrical jobs are best left to the Professionals.
Joe Tedesco, Moderator
Joe Tedesco, Moderator
cieling fan turns on and off by itself
central vac low voltage wiring
Adding a switch to a bathroom gang box??
wiring ceiling fan and light independently with a 4-way
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!