I just got a new Hampton Bay Rendington IV installed today and it came with a remote that has fan controls/light/dimmer on it. Well anytime you use the dimmer or the bulbs are not at max light there is a very noticeable hum coming from the bulbs. Any ideas?
What you're hearing is the lamp filament vibrating. The first thing to try would be another brand of lamp.
You mean another brand of bulb? I don't think I can replace the lamp on the ceiling fan as its built in.
106.626640 Icemaker in AdmiralFridge humming
washer fills, but won't agitate...hear some humming
Dryer humming noise
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight