Any siggestions would be great.
Thanks in advance.
I, personally, don't have a specific product recommendation but the industry DOES make 'vents', as in the true sense of the word. What I'm talking about is not simply a 'mesh'. It's actually like a small version of a heat register (heat return vent) if you know what I mean. The way it's installed is by, first, cutting out the 'hole' for the vent, then you slip it into the hole, then you SCREW the face into the soffit.
As for where to find it, start with Roofing Supply Houses which can be found in the YELLOW PAGES under ROOFING - SUPPLIES.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Actually, I took a minute to search the WEB a little. Visit Nat'l Roofing COntractors Assoc. if you don't get more specific advice to your liking. Start with Cor-A-Vent.com. Review the Soffit-related downloads on the right side of the WEB page (the PDF downloads side.) They seem to have ALL kinds of vents!
PPS: God Bless America!
Long time no see, eh? Been busy.
About the roof venting/soffit venting issue, I have a question for you and for those who know about such things.
The idea of soffit venting and ridge venting is to allow warm air to escape the attic via the ridge vent (or other vent located near the top to the roof line). In principle, cooler air enters via the soffit vent, and warmer air leaves at the vent located higher up.
So, in cases where soffit vents are not desired (for whatever reason, aesthetics, squirrels, lack of eaves, etc.) are there other options to vent the attic space?
I'm thinking that, maybe, one could use a ridge vent and some sort of covered vent(s) located nead the bottom edge of the roof. Although that would be a compromise, it might work well enough to keep the attic space from building up high temperatures in the peak summer months.
What is your view on something like this? Has this been tried before? Did it work? Did it not work? I'm curious to know.
Leaking Ridge Vents
Soffit Vents for New Roof and Turbines
Are ridge vents necessary, if...?
New roof - kept existing turbines and put in Ridge v...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates