Any siggestions would be great.
Thanks in advance.
I, personally, don't have a specific product recommendation but the industry DOES make 'vents', as in the true sense of the word. What I'm talking about is not simply a 'mesh'. It's actually like a small version of a heat register (heat return vent) if you know what I mean. The way it's installed is by, first, cutting out the 'hole' for the vent, then you slip it into the hole, then you SCREW the face into the soffit.
As for where to find it, start with Roofing Supply Houses which can be found in the YELLOW PAGES under ROOFING - SUPPLIES.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Actually, I took a minute to search the WEB a little. Visit Nat'l Roofing COntractors Assoc. if you don't get more specific advice to your liking. Start with Cor-A-Vent.com. Review the Soffit-related downloads on the right side of the WEB page (the PDF downloads side.) They seem to have ALL kinds of vents!
PPS: God Bless America!
Long time no see, eh? Been busy.
About the roof venting/soffit venting issue, I have a question for you and for those who know about such things.
The idea of soffit venting and ridge venting is to allow warm air to escape the attic via the ridge vent (or other vent located near the top to the roof line). In principle, cooler air enters via the soffit vent, and warmer air leaves at the vent located higher up.
So, in cases where soffit vents are not desired (for whatever reason, aesthetics, squirrels, lack of eaves, etc.) are there other options to vent the attic space?
I'm thinking that, maybe, one could use a ridge vent and some sort of covered vent(s) located nead the bottom edge of the roof. Although that would be a compromise, it might work well enough to keep the attic space from building up high temperatures in the peak summer months.
What is your view on something like this? Has this been tried before? Did it work? Did it not work? I'm curious to know.
Leaking Ridge Vents
Soffit Vents for New Roof and Turbines
Are ridge vents necessary, if...?
New roof - kept existing turbines and put in Ridge v...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets