weather condition for roofing work
There are a number of variables to be aware of depending on the work to be done and the current weather. Some are as follows ...
If the roof is to be 'opened up', it should be minimized to prevent the 'outside elements' from getting in. If the 'space' below the opening is a finished room (vs. an attic), then yes, you might want to wait for warm temperatures.
If the space below the opening is an attic that's UNFINISHED, then as long as the opening is covered at night or during bad weather, it can be worked on at any time. Of course, once the opening is made, it should be finished off as QUICKLY as possible.
Now, to make things more complicated, if the fix needs to be done ASAP, then it should be. I can't make that call. If, for example, you have a leak, you might want to have it done now because, over Winter, that water can freeze and cause MORE damage to the roof AS WELL AS to the inside of the house.
If your Contractor has been in business for a while and came referenced, then you should be in a decent position to trust his judgement. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs