weather condition for roofing work
There are a number of variables to be aware of depending on the work to be done and the current weather. Some are as follows ...
If the roof is to be 'opened up', it should be minimized to prevent the 'outside elements' from getting in. If the 'space' below the opening is a finished room (vs. an attic), then yes, you might want to wait for warm temperatures.
If the space below the opening is an attic that's UNFINISHED, then as long as the opening is covered at night or during bad weather, it can be worked on at any time. Of course, once the opening is made, it should be finished off as QUICKLY as possible.
Now, to make things more complicated, if the fix needs to be done ASAP, then it should be. I can't make that call. If, for example, you have a leak, you might want to have it done now because, over Winter, that water can freeze and cause MORE damage to the roof AS WELL AS to the inside of the house.
If your Contractor has been in business for a while and came referenced, then you should be in a decent position to trust his judgement. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!