weather condition for roofing work
There are a number of variables to be aware of depending on the work to be done and the current weather. Some are as follows ...
If the roof is to be 'opened up', it should be minimized to prevent the 'outside elements' from getting in. If the 'space' below the opening is a finished room (vs. an attic), then yes, you might want to wait for warm temperatures.
If the space below the opening is an attic that's UNFINISHED, then as long as the opening is covered at night or during bad weather, it can be worked on at any time. Of course, once the opening is made, it should be finished off as QUICKLY as possible.
Now, to make things more complicated, if the fix needs to be done ASAP, then it should be. I can't make that call. If, for example, you have a leak, you might want to have it done now because, over Winter, that water can freeze and cause MORE damage to the roof AS WELL AS to the inside of the house.
If your Contractor has been in business for a while and came referenced, then you should be in a decent position to trust his judgement. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees