weather condition for roofing work
There are a number of variables to be aware of depending on the work to be done and the current weather. Some are as follows ...
If the roof is to be 'opened up', it should be minimized to prevent the 'outside elements' from getting in. If the 'space' below the opening is a finished room (vs. an attic), then yes, you might want to wait for warm temperatures.
If the space below the opening is an attic that's UNFINISHED, then as long as the opening is covered at night or during bad weather, it can be worked on at any time. Of course, once the opening is made, it should be finished off as QUICKLY as possible.
Now, to make things more complicated, if the fix needs to be done ASAP, then it should be. I can't make that call. If, for example, you have a leak, you might want to have it done now because, over Winter, that water can freeze and cause MORE damage to the roof AS WELL AS to the inside of the house.
If your Contractor has been in business for a while and came referenced, then you should be in a decent position to trust his judgement. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs