roof vent boots
Caulking or 100% scilicone does not last the life of the roof and should not be used. what you are refering too is a salesman way of saying that we go out of our way to do a great job for you!
Then again this is just my opion
Maybe what your contractor was refering to was they were installed inproperly.
most of the leaks that I encounter are form chimney flashings where the flasing and the counter flashing were fastned together and the could not move when the chinmey shifted.
If your going thru the bidding process, be very careful of any roofing contractor that wants money up front. There is no reason why one would ever need money before the job is started!
If you have any other questions contact me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers