roof vent boots
Caulking or 100% scilicone does not last the life of the roof and should not be used. what you are refering too is a salesman way of saying that we go out of our way to do a great job for you!
Then again this is just my opion
Maybe what your contractor was refering to was they were installed inproperly.
most of the leaks that I encounter are form chimney flashings where the flasing and the counter flashing were fastned together and the could not move when the chinmey shifted.
If your going thru the bidding process, be very careful of any roofing contractor that wants money up front. There is no reason why one would ever need money before the job is started!
If you have any other questions contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight