roof vent boots
Caulking or 100% scilicone does not last the life of the roof and should not be used. what you are refering too is a salesman way of saying that we go out of our way to do a great job for you!
Then again this is just my opion
Maybe what your contractor was refering to was they were installed inproperly.
most of the leaks that I encounter are form chimney flashings where the flasing and the counter flashing were fastned together and the could not move when the chinmey shifted.
If your going thru the bidding process, be very careful of any roofing contractor that wants money up front. There is no reason why one would ever need money before the job is started!
Thanks again to all posters.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects