In November I had the electrical company who has always done the work at my place come over to replace the light fixtures.
The first time around the bill was for $569.20 for a total of 5.5 hrs. but with 2 workers (not apprentice apparently).
I just now got the second bill for the second phase. It's for a total of 11 hrs. divided evently between the journeyman and what looks like an apprentice electrician. The total is $962.50.
To put it bluntly, I'm numb over this bill. And of course they want their money in a weeks time and will give me a paltry discout if I pay by then.
Have I had the wool pulled over my eyes? Why does the second charge include the apprentice while there is no mention made of the second electrician who worked at the first phase. Should I mention the bills or would I be better off keeping my mouth shut?
Wow, I am sorry about your charges. I guess that is why I do a lot of my own electrical. I can't afford to work overtime to pay an electrician. Now, the HVAC guy, I have no choice but to pay him.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps