In November I had the electrical company who has always done the work at my place come over to replace the light fixtures.
The first time around the bill was for $569.20 for a total of 5.5 hrs. but with 2 workers (not apprentice apparently).
I just now got the second bill for the second phase. It's for a total of 11 hrs. divided evently between the journeyman and what looks like an apprentice electrician. The total is $962.50.
To put it bluntly, I'm numb over this bill. And of course they want their money in a weeks time and will give me a paltry discout if I pay by then.
Have I had the wool pulled over my eyes? Why does the second charge include the apprentice while there is no mention made of the second electrician who worked at the first phase. Should I mention the bills or would I be better off keeping my mouth shut?
Wow, I am sorry about your charges. I guess that is why I do a lot of my own electrical. I can't afford to work overtime to pay an electrician. Now, the HVAC guy, I have no choice but to pay him.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda