In November I had the electrical company who has always done the work at my place come over to replace the light fixtures.
The first time around the bill was for $569.20 for a total of 5.5 hrs. but with 2 workers (not apprentice apparently).
I just now got the second bill for the second phase. It's for a total of 11 hrs. divided evently between the journeyman and what looks like an apprentice electrician. The total is $962.50.
To put it bluntly, I'm numb over this bill. And of course they want their money in a weeks time and will give me a paltry discout if I pay by then.
Have I had the wool pulled over my eyes? Why does the second charge include the apprentice while there is no mention made of the second electrician who worked at the first phase. Should I mention the bills or would I be better off keeping my mouth shut?
Wow, I am sorry about your charges. I guess that is why I do a lot of my own electrical. I can't afford to work overtime to pay an electrician. Now, the HVAC guy, I have no choice but to pay him.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees