In November I had the electrical company who has always done the work at my place come over to replace the light fixtures.
The first time around the bill was for $569.20 for a total of 5.5 hrs. but with 2 workers (not apprentice apparently).
I just now got the second bill for the second phase. It's for a total of 11 hrs. divided evently between the journeyman and what looks like an apprentice electrician. The total is $962.50.
To put it bluntly, I'm numb over this bill. And of course they want their money in a weeks time and will give me a paltry discout if I pay by then.
Have I had the wool pulled over my eyes? Why does the second charge include the apprentice while there is no mention made of the second electrician who worked at the first phase. Should I mention the bills or would I be better off keeping my mouth shut?
Wow, I am sorry about your charges. I guess that is why I do a lot of my own electrical. I can't afford to work overtime to pay an electrician. Now, the HVAC guy, I have no choice but to pay him.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!