In November I had the electrical company who has always done the work at my place come over to replace the light fixtures.
The first time around the bill was for $569.20 for a total of 5.5 hrs. but with 2 workers (not apprentice apparently).
I just now got the second bill for the second phase. It's for a total of 11 hrs. divided evently between the journeyman and what looks like an apprentice electrician. The total is $962.50.
To put it bluntly, I'm numb over this bill. And of course they want their money in a weeks time and will give me a paltry discout if I pay by then.
Have I had the wool pulled over my eyes? Why does the second charge include the apprentice while there is no mention made of the second electrician who worked at the first phase. Should I mention the bills or would I be better off keeping my mouth shut?
Wow, I am sorry about your charges. I guess that is why I do a lot of my own electrical. I can't afford to work overtime to pay an electrician. Now, the HVAC guy, I have no choice but to pay him.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes