I have a 11'wide by 17'plywood covered roof 10degree slope, with a 4'x 3' skylight installed by previous owner in 1985.I've removed the asphalt shingles due to Ice Dam water leaks and poor installation of various items such as felt and flashing.I have lifted most of the plywood sheathing except around the perimeter of the skylight, and replaced sections where the plywood delaminated. There was/is no ventilation between the rafter channels in the finished ceiling/roof but it was well insulated. Blocking in various channels also makes this difficult plus the skylight in the middle of the roof blocks four(4) channels.I was thinking of installin a "Flash-Vent" at the top of the roof where it meets a vertical wall? I plan to apply TAMKO Moisture Guard Plus for at least the first two courses and around the skylight. The skylight has a copper flange perimeter 5.5" at the bottom With 6 NAILs!! the three remaining sides are 3.5"wide with the edges bent over approx .5" unnailed. The felt was .75" from both sides!!
I plan to put two 4" soffit vents at the eaves and have air passage along the eaves. I plan to drill two 1"holes in the blocking where able and hope that this will just have to do.
Is it worth while to install "Rafter Vents"(OwensCorning)in the channels where able? How should I seal the perimeter of the skylight? (eliminating the nails in the lower flange also.)
Is it worthwhile to install a flash-vent (Mid-America building products)?
Can I use Laminated Asphalt Shingles (Olde English Pewter- TAMKO)on a 10 degree slope roof?
Conflicting advice on roof repair
Simple ways to inspect your roof and avoid major rep...
Craneboard Insulated Vinyl siding question
steel roof over
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects