Ice Barrier on roof?
I am having my roof reshingled. The original roof is 27 years old. A couple of people I know are getting an ice barrier on the bottom portion of their roof. Is this worth the extra money. In the 4 years I have had the house (and the preceeding 23 yrs)it has not had any problems.
The main purpose of ice guard is to protect the lower portion of your roof from ice infiltration during cold weather. Water from a thaw during the heat of day can collect at the lower portion of a roof and refreeze at night. After several days of this the ice can build up and start to back up under the shingles creating possible water damage to the roof sheathing or even worse cause a leak. If you live in a northern climate I recommend it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!