My wife and I just moved into our first house. On our deck outside, there are 2 lights. One is a single bulb wall mounted and the other one are two flood lights. These are controlled by two indiviual switches on the wall right next to the sliding doors. They have been working fine until last night when I went to put them on, they both went out, like a bulb blew. I didnt honestly think all 3 bulbs could go at once, so I only tried changing one, which didnt work. I then thought maybe the switches were bad, so I changed them next( I was going to anyway)they are single pole, which I replaced them with single pole again. The breaker didnt pop either. The only thing that I did prior to that was I took the face plate off one of the wall sockets,but the outlet was a little loose. Could that be the problem? But, again the breaker didnt pop. Any help would be appreciated before I call in an electrician.
If that "wall socket" is on the same circuit, turn of the breaker and remove the "socket" to check for loose wiring. You may also want to check for a GFCI receptacle that has tripped. Lights are normally not GFCI protected, but sometimes they end up on the load side of one.
Wall switch & recepticle problem
Hunter Ceiling Fan with remote, A few issues with wa...
HELP PLEASE..Wall Switch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!